Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Len Len is offline

Default Update link on vlookup from closed excel file

Hi,

I wonder ais there any vba codes available to run the update link on
vlookup formula from a closed excel file as there are number of rows
using vlookup formula in 8 columns have to be manually updated the
links each time when there is a change of data in the source file

=VLOOKUP($A7,'C:\My Documents\P\ManagementAcct\Apr10\PAY\[KSW PL Co
compare1.Apr''10.xlsSheet(1)]P&L - COMPANY (compare 1)'!$A$3:$O
$60,2,FALSE)

Any help will be much appreciated and thanks in advance

Regards
Len

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Len Len is offline

Hi Dave,

I was sending new post on this scenario while trying to workaround
your suggestion late yesterday night
Finally, it works great and thanks again

Now, I can proceed to next stage on populating vlookup formula to each
row (ie about 50 rows ) at 8 columns for 6 excel files under the same
workbook ( ie to retrieve data from 6 excel source files ). That excel
source files need to be uploaded when there is a change, this would
cause a lot of time to manually update the link on vlookup

Thus, I need another vba codes which can help to update link on
vlookup from closed excel files

Thanks again

Regards
Len