Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Tim is offline

Default VBA Workbook Open Function

A reply to another post said "Open the VBA code page for ThisWorkbook and
enter the following into the Workbook Open function". I have limited
knowledge of programming and could find this function on the VBA page.

How do I put the a line of code into this function?
--
TIA

Tim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tim:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
' your code here
End Sub

Because it is workbook code, it is very easy to install and use:

1. right-click the tiny Excel icon just to the left of File on the Menu Bar
2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE windows as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

To learn more about Event Macros (workbook code), see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu201003

"Tim" wrote:

A reply to another post said "Open the VBA code page for ThisWorkbook and
enter the following into the Workbook Open function". I have limited
knowledge of programming and could find this function on the VBA page.

How do I put the a line of code into this function?
--
TIA

Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Open Excel
Open your workbook
Hit alt-F11 to see the VBE
hit ctrl-r to see the project explorer (like windows explorer)
Find your project in that window.

Expand all the objects in that project.

You'll see a ThisWorkbook object (sometime!).

Doubleclick on that and the righthand side should show you the ThisWorkbook code
window.

At the top of that window, you'll see two dropdowns.

Choose Workbook from the lefthand side dropdown.
If you don't see:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
in the code window, then use the righthand side dropdown to choose Open.

Debra Dalgliesh explains how to remove remnants of all macros he
http://contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

But the pictures may be useful to you.

Tim wrote:

A reply to another post said "Open the VBA code page for ThisWorkbook and
enter the following into the Workbook Open function". I have limited
knowledge of programming and could find this function on the VBA page.

How do I put the a line of code into this function?
--
TIA

Tim

--