Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default open workbook - timeout function?

Hi,
Would be grateful for any help.
One of the .xls files on my PC is probably corrupt as I am unable to open it
either manually or using the worksheet.open command. however, it doesn't
"fail" - it just keeps on trying. Is there anyway I can detect this/create a
time-out and let it fail nicely?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A neat trick you can try when recovering a corrupt worksheet is to us
the Data-Import function to import it into a new worksheet. This ha
worked quite successfully for me in the past but with no guarantees
Good luck

--
crispb
crispbd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1088

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your help, I shall remember that. Unfortunately the user wont
know in advance which files are corrupt, so I would have to resort to this
method as a default.

"crispbd" wrote:

A neat trick you can try when recovering a corrupt worksheet is to use
the Data-Import function to import it into a new worksheet. This has

crispbd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10880
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=274568