Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel formula needed to round up a value to a whole number

I'm making a cost estimation sheet, and need a cell to publish a whole
number. This cell is the result of a division formula involving two other
cells (ie. 300 sq ft of coverage divided by 200 sq ft of coverage per gallon
= 1.5 gallons). I want my formula to round the 1.5 gallons up to 2 gallons.

Please help!

Thanks,

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=roundup(a1,0)
or
=roundup(a1/a2,0)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John:

I don't think this is a programming question, but you can use the Round
Function as in this example:

=ROUND(B3/A3,0)

When creating the formula, just start with the =ROUND(
Then use your mouse to click the cells, and when finished, use zero as the
number of places to round.

Rich Locus
Logicwurks, LLC

"John A." wrote:

I'm making a cost estimation sheet, and need a cell to publish a whole
number. This cell is the result of a division formula involving two other
cells (ie. 300 sq ft of coverage divided by 200 sq ft of coverage per gallon
= 1.5 gallons). I want my formula to round the 1.5 gallons up to 2 gallons.

Please help!

Thanks,

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yours worked too Dave.

Thanks!!!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

=roundup(a1,0)
or
=roundup(a1/a2,0)

John A. wrote:

I'm making a cost estimation sheet, and need a cell to publish a whole
number. This cell is the result of a division formula involving two other
cells (ie. 300 sq ft of coverage divided by 200 sq ft of coverage per gallon
= 1.5 gallons). I want my formula to round the 1.5 gallons up to 2 gallons.

Please help!

Thanks,

John

--

Dave Peterson
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Be aware that there is a difference on how those two functions work.

Try it with:

=round(1.1,0)
and
=roundup(1.1,0)