Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need formula to round number up to always end in X.X9

I have a spreadsheet with prices. If the price is 2.55, I want the formula
to round it up to 2.59. If it is 3.01, I want the formula to round it to
3.09. The last digit always needs to be a 9, and it always needs to round UP
to the next .x9. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could use this to round down to the nearest dime:
=FLOOR(A1,0.1)

Then add 9 cents
=FLOOR(A1,0.1)+0.09

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try the below

=CEILING(A1,0.1)-0.01

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Heather" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with prices. If the price is 2.55, I want the formula
to round it up to 2.59. If it is 3.01, I want the formula to round it to
3.09. The last digit always needs to be a 9, and it always needs to round UP
to the next .x9. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=ROUNDUP(A1+0.01,1)-0.01

This adds a penny, rounds up to the next dime, then subtracts a penny. If
you don't first add the penny, you could wind up lowering the input value.
Ex: 2.60 would round to 2.60 and then you'd deduct the penny to get 2.59.

"Heather" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with prices. If the price is 2.55, I want the formula
to round it up to 2.59. If it is 3.01, I want the formula to round it to
3.09. The last digit always needs to be a 9, and it always needs to round UP
to the next .x9. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 07:42:02 -0800, Heather
wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with prices. If the price is 2.55, I want the formula
to round it up to 2.59. If it is 3.01, I want the formula to round it to
3.09. The last digit always needs to be a 9, and it always needs to round UP
to the next .x9. Any ideas?

=CEILING(A1+0.01,0.1)-0.01
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:32:10 -0800, Jacob Skaria
wrote:

Try the below

=CEILING(A1,0.1)-0.01

But 3.60 -- 3.59. If I understand the OP, it should -- 3.69
--ron