Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sum - to end

Since I don't always know how many rows I will have in a spreadsheet, I
would like a macro that if I run the macros on a specific column, it
automatically takes me to the end the filled column and drop down one more
row to a blank cell and adds the entire column.

My macro is cell specific using recorder and I don't want that.

Thanks much for assistance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sub sumtoend()
ac=activecell.column
lr=cells(rows.count,ac).end(xlup).row
cells(lr+2,ac)=application.sum(range(cells(1,ac),c ells(lr,ac))
end sub

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Annette" wrote in message
Since I don't always know how many rows I will have in a spreadsheet, I
would like a macro that if I run the macros on a specific column, it
automatically takes me to the end the filled column and drop down one more
row to a blank cell and adds the entire column.

My macro is cell specific using recorder and I don't want that.

Thanks much for assistance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

These couple of lines put a sum formula in the first cell below the data in
column A

Dim LastRow As Long
LastRow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
Cells(LastRow + 1, 1).Formula = "=sum(A1:A" & LastRow & ")"
--
Mike

question.

"Annette" wrote:

Since I don't always know how many rows I will have in a spreadsheet, I
would like a macro that if I run the macros on a specific column, it
automatically takes me to the end the filled column and drop down one more
row to a blank cell and adds the entire column.

My macro is cell specific using recorder and I don't want that.

Thanks much for assistance!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Give this a try. Click on the column letter and run.

Sub SumAColumn()
Dim i As Long
Dim j As Long
Dim Drng As Range
Set Drng = Selection
j = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Drng)
i = Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(Drng)
Drng.End(xlDown).Offset(j, 0).Value = i
End Sub

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Annette" wrote in message
Since I don't always know how many rows I will have in a spreadsheet, I
would like a macro that if I run the macros on a specific column, it
automatically takes me to the end the filled column and drop down one more
row to a blank cell and adds the entire column.

My macro is cell specific using recorder and I don't want that.

Thanks much for assistance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

After further review, I belief this will only work well if there is at least
one blank cell above the column of numbers to be summed. Otherwise the
total is offset below the last value in the column by the number of values
in the column.

Regards,
Howard