Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default C application connected to Excel

Can anyone give me a clue what shall I ask my company programmer in order to
have his C developed software conected with Excel (VBA)?
I m dreaming of not being necesary to ask him to do anything to connect his
application with Excel beside SendKeys ...Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Thanks!!!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...el.programming
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I wouldn't use sendkeys where there is a complete set of library (VNet
3.5 & 4.0) functionion available in Visual Studio (2008, and 2010). I
recently downloaded the free visual Studio 2008 softwae from
www.msdn.com and in the tutorials had samples of Excel applications.

below is the microsoft website containing the sample code in C# for
excel applications. There are similar samples for VB Net and C++.

'Visual C# 2010 Samples - Release: Visual CSharp Samples for Visual
Studio 2010 RTM' (http://tinyurl.com/24legpe)

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Joel,
I cant really see how I can use the link that you send me because I dont
know any name of the functions that the C Application is using.

Anyway thank you so much for your answer!

"joel" wrote:

I wouldn't use sendkeys where there is a complete set of library (VNet
3.5 & 4.0) functionion available in Visual Studio (2008, and 2010). I
recently downloaded the free visual Studio 2008 softwae from
www.msdn.com and in the tutorials had samples of Excel applications.

below is the microsoft website containing the sample code in C# for
excel applications. There are similar samples for VB Net and C++.

'Visual C# 2010 Samples - Release: Visual CSharp Samples for Visual
Studio 2010 RTM' (http://tinyurl.com/24legpe)

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=198321

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dan,

Maybe you could explain what this C application does, and what "connecting"
with Excel would look like. Do you want to export data to Excel, read it
in from Excel, or what ?

Tim

"joel" wrote:

I wouldn't use sendkeys where there is a complete set of library (VNet
3.5 & 4.0) functionion available in Visual Studio (2008, and 2010). I
recently downloaded the free visual Studio 2008 softwae from
www.msdn.com and in the tutorials had samples of Excel applications.

below is the microsoft website containing the sample code in C# for
excel applications. There are similar samples for VB Net and C++.

'Visual C# 2010 Samples - Release: Visual CSharp Samples for Visual
Studio 2010 RTM' (http://tinyurl.com/24legpe)

--
joel
joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229
View this thread:
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=198321

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can ask the same question about using the SENDKEY method (dont
know any name of the functions). There aren't SendKey (shortcuts) for
all the worksheet functions so you probably won't be able to do
everything you need to do.

Microsoft put all the VBA commands into the Visual Studio Libraries (V
NET). don't tell you MIS department how to program, just define the
functionality you require. Give them VBA code or Recorded macros that
meet your requirements.