Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Determine if the Excel Version is 2007 or previous

I want to determine if the user has Excel Version 2007 or previous
one.
If the version is 2007 then i want to run one code
else the other one
I tried Application.version but it gave 12 as the version number for
Excel 2007
I want to do the following

If application version is 2007 then
...............run this code
else if previous version
............. run this code
end if
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

You need

If Val(Appication.version) = 12 Then
some code
Elae
Some other code
End if
--
Regards
Roger Govier

Subodh wrote:
I want to determine if the user has Excel Version 2007 or previous
one.
If the version is 2007 then i want to run one code
else the other one
I tried Application.version but it gave 12 as the version number for
Excel 2007
I want to do the following

If application version is 2007 then
..............run this code
else if previous version
............ run this code
end if

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Quite right, Peter!
Far too blinkered a view on my part.
(Might also help if I could spell "else")
--
Regards
Roger Govier