-   -   Determine if the Excel Version is 2007 or previous (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/442005-determine-if-excel-version-2007-previous.html)

Subodh

Determine if the Excel Version is 2007 or previous

I want to determine if the user has Excel Version 2007 or previous
one.
If the version is 2007 then i want to run one code
else the other one
I tried Application.version but it gave 12 as the version number for
Excel 2007
I want to do the following

If application version is 2007 then
...............run this code
else if previous version
............. run this code
end if

Roger Govier[_8_]

Determine if the Excel Version is 2007 or previous

Hi

You need

If Val(Appication.version) = 12 Then
some code
Elae
Some other code
End if
--
Regards
Roger Govier

Subodh wrote:
I want to determine if the user has Excel Version 2007 or previous
one.
If the version is 2007 then i want to run one code
else the other one
I tried Application.version but it gave 12 as the version number for
Excel 2007
I want to do the following

If application version is 2007 then
..............run this code
else if previous version
............ run this code
end if

Peter T

Determine if the Excel Version is 2007 or previous

.... or with 2010 just around the corner

If Val(AppLication.version) = 12 Then

Regards,
Peter T

Subodh wrote:
I want to determine if the user has Excel Version 2007 or previous
one.
If the version is 2007 then i want to run one code
else the other one
I tried Application.version but it gave 12 as the version number for
Excel 2007
I want to do the following

If application version is 2007 then
..............run this code
else if previous version
............ run this code
end if

Roger Govier[_8_]

Determine if the Excel Version is 2007 or previous

Quite right, Peter!
Far too blinkered a view on my part.
(Might also help if I could spell "else")
--
Regards
Roger Govier