Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto Fill Cells

I am building an inpatient log for a nursing home. I need to auto fill the
patient's name and address from their ID #

Example in column C (ID#) 255 - would automatically fill in Column D (last
name), Column E(first name), Column F(middle initial), and Column G(address)

At this point - all of the cells are blank.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sounds nice. Where is the data coming from? Take a look at these links for
some ideas of how you can go about doing this:

http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...tml#IndexMatch

http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctio...ml#IndexMatch4

--
Ryan---

"Bonnie" wrote:

I am building an inpatient log for a nursing home. I need to auto fill the
patient's name and address from their ID #

Example in column C (ID#) 255 - would automatically fill in Column D (last
name), Column E(first name), Column F(middle initial), and Column G(address)

At this point - all of the cells are blank.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Ryan - The links look "hopeful" :)

The data is being entered in by the front desk nurse - however - it's the
first time using a computer so there isn't anything to pull from yet. It's a
work in progress.

"Bonnie" wrote:

I am building an inpatient log for a nursing home. I need to auto fill the
patient's name and address from their ID #

Example in column C (ID#) 255 - would automatically fill in Column D (last
name), Column E(first name), Column F(middle initial), and Column G(address)

At this point - all of the cells are blank.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, I think those links will give you a good place to get started. if the
data is NOT confidential, and if you want a helping hand, send it to me and
I'll do the basic setup for you. Of course, you'll have to maintain it on an
ongoing basis.

Delete the 'xx' part in my email. Those 'bots' can't figure it out. I
already get too much crazy salsey stuff.

--
Ryan---