Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
C C is offline

Default Fill in Date based on E1

I have a date (MMM YY) entered into cell E1. I would like to increment by
month F1 Thru whenever data is no longer populated in row 2.

My Current spreadsheet:

E F G H I
Row1 Jun 10
Row2 $80 $1600 $1706 $272 $352

How I need to modify:
E F G H I
Row1 Jun 10 Jul 10 Aug 10 Sep 10 Oct 10
Row2 $80 $1600 $1706 $272 $352

The Data in Row 2 may extend to any column.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put your starting date in E1. Then enter the following in F1 and copy
to the right for as many columns as you need.

=IF(F2="","",DATE(YEAR(E1),MONTH(E1)+1,DAY(E1)))

If a cell in row 2 is empty, the value in row 1 will be blank. If the
cell in row 2 is not empty, the data will appear in row 1.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 08:41:02 -0700, C
wrote:

I have a date (MMM YY) entered into cell E1. I would like to increment by
month F1 Thru whenever data is no longer populated in row 2.

My Current spreadsheet:

E F G H I
Row1 Jun 10
Row2 $80 $1600 $1706 $272 $352

How I need to modify:
E F G H I
Row1 Jun 10 Jul 10 Aug 10 Sep 10 Oct 10
Row2 $80 $1600 $1706 $272 $352

The Data in Row 2 may extend to any column.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

use this in F1 and copy over

=IF(F2<0,DATE(YEAR(E1),MONTH(E1)+1,DAY(E1)),"")

It even automatically rolls the years (Month 13 kicks to the next year)

--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"C" wrote:

I have a date (MMM YY) entered into cell E1. I would like to increment by
month F1 Thru whenever data is no longer populated in row 2.

My Current spreadsheet:

E F G H I
Row1 Jun 10
Row2 $80 $1600 $1706 $272 $352

How I need to modify:
E F G H I
Row1 Jun 10 Jul 10 Aug 10 Sep 10 Oct 10
Row2 $80 $1600 $1706 $272 $352

The Data in Row 2 may extend to any column.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
C C is offline

Paul,

This does work. However, I was hoping to get away from having to copy the
data to the end of the columns where Row 2 data ends. In other words I was
hoping someone could help me out with some code that would automatically
populate the cells to the point where row 2 becomes empty.

Thanks for your reply.