Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sum of retuned valus as digits

Hello there,

I am using IF function to return values as digits. Now I need the sum of
such digits in a coloumn. Pease help me to do this.

Thank you

Jeevan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Mike,

Here is it

Correct Option Marked Option Marks
4 4 1
4 4 1
3 4 -0.25
4 4 1
3 4 -0.25
4 4 1

=IF( A1 =B1, "1", "-0.25")

But what I actually want is : if A1=B1, return 1,
if B1 is empty, return 0
and if A1 is not equal toB1, return -0.25.
I also want the sum total of the colum C.
Since I am a beginner, I do not have much idea how to do it.

Thanks

Jeevan

"Mike H" wrote in message
Post the IF formula
--
Mike

question.

"Vinay Vasu" wrote:

Hello there,

I am using IF function to return values as digits. Now I need the sum of
such digits in a coloumn. Pease help me to do this.

Thank you

Jeevan

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I don't know what's going on here. I can see your response using Forte Agent
newsreader but can't respond to it and I can't see your response ussing the
web based reader so I have no idea whether you will see this.

Anyway, the answer is drop the quites in your formula and you can then sum
the returned values

=IF( A1 =B1, 1, -0.25)
--
Mike

question.

"Mike H" wrote:

Post the IF formula
--
Mike

question.

"Vinay Vasu" wrote:

Hello there,

I am using IF function to return values as digits. Now I need the sum of
such digits in a coloumn. Pease help me to do this.

Thank you

Jeevan

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

DEar mike,

Thanks.
I could solve one part of it using...

=IF(G3=F3,"1",IF(G3=0,"0",IF(G3<F3,"-0.25")))

but how to get the sum of the column of the retuned values

Jeevan

"Mike H" wrote in message

I don't know what's going on here. I can see your response using Forte
Agent
newsreader but can't respond to it and I can't see your response ussing
the
web based reader so I have no idea whether you will see this.

Anyway, the answer is drop the quites in your formula and you can then sum
the returned values

=IF( A1 =B1, 1, -0.25)
--
Mike