Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Workbooks.Open with a network path

Hello

I'm trying to do a Set SrcWrkBook = Workbooks.Open(\\networkdrive\ folder
one\ folder two\filename.XLS, True, True)

I assume the white spaces and perhaps the \\ are giving me issues. How do
I get around this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That first argument (your path and filename) needs to be a String value, so
it needs quote marks around it. Also, I'd be willing to bet that there are
no leading spaces in front of your folder names. My guess is your line
should look like this (note, this line is long, so I expect it will word
wrap at a required blank space)...

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)