Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open Workbook using URL instead of network path

I have been using Workbooks.Open "path....." to open a workbook, but now I
need to be able to open a workbook in a portal database. Can anyone tell me
how to go about doing this?

The old way: Workbooks.Open
"P:\MODULE\Area\REPORTS\ProductionData\PRODdata050 6.xls"

New URL:
"http://company/site/area/Production%20Data/PRODdata2005-2006.xls"

Thanks in Advance,
Raul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try

sStr = "http://company/site/area/Production%20Data/PRODdata2005-2006.xls"
workbooks.open sStr

Tom Ogilvy

"Raul" wrote in message
I have been using Workbooks.Open "path....." to open a workbook, but now I
need to be able to open a workbook in a portal database. Can anyone tell

me
how to go about doing this?

The old way: Workbooks.Open
"P:\MODULE\Area\REPORTS\ProductionData\PRODdata050 6.xls"

New URL:
"http://company/site/area/Production%20Data/PRODdata2005-2006.xls"

Thanks in Advance,
Raul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,
This isn't working, but I'm pretty sure the reason is the virus
warning/"would you like to open this file" pop up. Is there a way to get
around this?

Thanks,
Raul

"Raul" wrote in message
I have been using Workbooks.Open "path....." to open a workbook, but now I
need to be able to open a workbook in a portal database. Can anyone tell

me
how to go about doing this?

The old way: Workbooks.Open
"P:\MODULE\Area\REPORTS\ProductionData\PRODdata050 6.xls"

New URL:
"http://company/site/area/Production%20Data/PRODdata2005-2006.xls"

Thanks in Advance,
Raul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,
Disregard my previous post. This method worked perfectly.

Thank you very much,
Raul

"Raul" wrote in message
I have been using Workbooks.Open "path....." to open a workbook, but now I
need to be able to open a workbook in a portal database. Can anyone tell

me
how to go about doing this?

The old way: Workbooks.Open
"P:\MODULE\Area\REPORTS\ProductionData\PRODdata050 6.xls"

New URL:
"http://company/site/area/Production%20Data/PRODdata2005-2006.xls"

Thanks in Advance,
Raul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can try the DisplayAlerts command. I don't know if it will work he

sStr = "http://company/site/area/Production%20Data/PRODdata2005-2006.xls"
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
workbooks.open sStr
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Tom Ogilvy

"Raul" wrote in message
I have been using Workbooks.Open "path....." to open a workbook, but

now I
need to be able to open a workbook in a portal database. Can anyone

tell
me
how to go about doing this?

The old way: Workbooks.Open
"P:\MODULE\Area\REPORTS\ProductionData\PRODdata050 6.xls"

New URL:
"http://company/site/area/Production%20Data/PRODdata2005-2006.xls"

Thanks in Advance,
Raul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,
Your original post resolved the problem; I failed to enter the URL
correctly, which kept your methodology from working.

I'll put your suggestions regarding Application.DisplayAlerts in the bank.

Thanks again,
Raul