Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with Formatting Spread Sheet

I have a spreadsheet that I'm currently using to enter data into each day.
In this spreadsheet I want to use the gridlines. Is there a way that after
I create my collums etc., that I can use the grid liines ongoing instead of
cutting and pasting them from one sheet to the next?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gridlines can be turned on and off with ToolsOptionsView and either check
or uncheck the box for Gridlines. However, if you are referring to borders,
they are controlled in the Format facility.

"SIRSTEVE" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that I'm currently using to enter data into each day.
In this spreadsheet I want to use the gridlines. Is there a way that
after
I create my collums etc., that I can use the grid liines ongoing instead
of
cutting and pasting them from one sheet to the next?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When you say "gridlines", do you mean "borders"? If so, tell us about these
borders... how are they set up, what line style is used, how thick are they,
etc.?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"SIRSTEVE" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that I'm currently using to enter data into each day.
In this spreadsheet I want to use the gridlines. Is there a way that
after
I create my collums etc., that I can use the grid liines ongoing instead
of
cutting and pasting them from one sheet to the next?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's the option that is given in tools then options. If I uncheck it the
gridliines disappear. And if I check it, the gridlines appear again.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

I have a spread sheet that has 7 collums in it. And I have created borders
all around the collums. Now I'm ready to enter my data. When I get to the
end of page one, all of my lines are shaded again. Is there a way that I can
format the spread sheed to stay in borders all the way through or do I have
to keep cutting an pasting? I hope that this makes sense. Thanks.

"SIRSTEVE" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that I'm currently using to enter data into each day.
In this spreadsheet I want to use the gridlines. Is there a way that
after
I create my collums etc., that I can use the grid liines ongoing instead
of
cutting and pasting them from one sheet to the next?

Thanks.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you have cells with borders on a sheet, when you use the Cut option the
borders attached to that/those cell(s) will be removed. If you paste that
range to a new location, the boders will paste to the new range, unless you
use paste special and select an option to not paste the format. The same is
true for the Copy option, except the borders are not removed from the source
range.

You can format the entire area of the sheet that you thing you will use with
borders by selecting that area then in the FormatCellsBorder option click
on the icon to show connecting borders on all sides and vertially and
horizontally across the center of the icon. This will put borders around
all cells in the selected area. When you cut and paste, you will need to
check that you do not remove all or part of the source cell's border, but
should have no problem with the copy and paste.