Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how do i bring a visual basic form to the spread sheet?

Hi,

I have created a form using teh developer tab in excel in vb. The problem
is anytime I want to access the form i need to go to the developer tab, click
on vb and run it frorm there. What I would like to do is to bring the form to
the spreadsheet so that I can run it directly from there. or better yet, be
able to run the form independently of the spreadhseet. is that a possibility?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Maryam
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

add a button to the spreadsheet and attach the code
UserForm1.show 'or whatever the form name is

You will not be able to run the form independant of XL...

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"MaryamB" wrote:

Hi,

I have created a form using teh developer tab in excel in vb. The problem
is anytime I want to access the form i need to go to the developer tab, click
on vb and run it frorm there. What I would like to do is to bring the form to
the spreadsheet so that I can run it directly from there. or better yet, be
able to run the form independently of the spreadhseet. is that a possibility?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Maryam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What objet are on the form? Most cases you want to leave the form bu
tput a button on the worksheet to open the form and to make it easy to
access the form. Why do you want to run the userform from outside the
workbook. what arre you trying to do with the userform?

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/chat.php

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub ShowForm
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

Attach to a macro button you place on the QAT or a Command Button on a
worksheet.

Not sure what you mean by "run the form independently of the spreadsheet"

What do you consider as a "spreadsheet"?

Worksheet or Workbook?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP