Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem copying named range

I have a named range on a Lookup sheet which I am trying to copy to a
destination on the main sheet (Mobiles).

The range named PlugIn occupied V4:Z4 on the Lookup sheet and has a border
round the entire area (none internal). This is a region title and only has
text in V4.

Using the following bits of code to copy the range to V6 on the Mobiles
sheet, I end up with the text in V6 as expected, but the border only
surrounds V6, not V6:Z6.

With Worksheets("Lookup")
Set PlugIn = .Range("PlugIn")
End With

PlugIn.Copy (Worksheets("Mobiles").Range("V6"))

I've tried merging V4:Z4 in Lookup, but exactly the same thing happens.
I've tried also merging the cells before copying, but then the border is
completely missing

I know I can copy the range then apply the border, but this shouldn't be
necessary.

Any ideas?

--
Ian