Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
QB QB is offline

Default Chart Print Footer :: Excel 2007

I create a chart using vba and I create it on it own worksheet
(ActiveChart.Location Whe=xlLocationAsNewSheet, Name:="UsageChart"). I
need to setup the page footer so that when it prints, the date/time appear in
the lower right-hand corner.

I have tried using the following command to set it up:

Worksheets("UsageChart").PageSetup.RightFooter = Format(Date, "yyyy-mmm-dd")

but it does not work, nothing appears. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help,

QB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chart sheet is not a worksheet.

Sheets collection comprises worksheets and chartsheets.

This works for me.

Sheets("UsageChart").PageSetup.RightFooter = Format(Date, "yyyy-mmm-dd")

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 12:08:01 -0700, QB wrote:

I create a chart using vba and I create it on it own worksheet
(ActiveChart.Location Whe=xlLocationAsNewSheet, Name:="UsageChart"). I
need to setup the page footer so that when it prints, the date/time appear in
the lower right-hand corner.

I have tried using the following command to set it up:

Worksheets("UsageChart").PageSetup.RightFooter = Format(Date, "yyyy-mmm-dd")

but it does not work, nothing appears. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help,

QB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel looks at Charts that are on their own tab differently from 'worksheets'
so you need slightly different syntax...

Charts("UsageChart").PageSetup.LeftFooter = "&D"

The formatting for date can not be done here. The '&D' takes it's format
from the default Date format on your computer.

--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

"QB" wrote:

I create a chart using vba and I create it on it own worksheet
(ActiveChart.Location Whe=xlLocationAsNewSheet, Name:="UsageChart"). I
need to setup the page footer so that when it prints, the date/time appear in
the lower right-hand corner.

I have tried using the following command to set it up:

Worksheets("UsageChart").PageSetup.RightFooter = Format(Date, "yyyy-mmm-dd")

but it does not work, nothing appears. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help,

QB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

QB,
I want to appologize for my incorrect answer yesterday. Thank you, Gord
Dibben!!!!
Sincerely,
Gary Brown