Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Spliting Names

Hello,

I have a sheet that in Column A names come in "X, Y" X as LastName and Y as
FirstName. Is there a sample that I could split this column into to keeping
LastName in Column A and after removing "," put the firstName in Column B?
--
Jeff B Paarsa
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select the range/column needs to be changed. From menu DataText to Columns
will populate the 'Convert Text to Columns Wizard'. By default the selection
is 'Delimited'. Keep the selection and hit 'Next'.

From the Step2 of the Wizard from the options select Comma and hit Next.

Hit Finish

--
Jacob

"Jeffery B Paarsa" wrote:

Hello,

I have a sheet that in Column A names come in "X, Y" X as LastName and Y as
FirstName. Is there a sample that I could split this column into to keeping
LastName in Column A and after removing "," put the firstName in Column B?
--
Jeff B Paarsa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just to add to Jacob's reply... if that is a comma and a space in between
the names, then in **addition** to selecting the Comma check box, also
select the Space and "Treat consecutive delimiters as one" check boxes as
well.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Jacob Skaria" wrote in message
Select the range/column needs to be changed. From menu DataText to
Columns
will populate the 'Convert Text to Columns Wizard'. By default the
selection
is 'Delimited'. Keep the selection and hit 'Next'.

From the Step2 of the Wizard from the options select Comma and hit Next.

Hit Finish

--
Jacob