Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy/Paste charts , ranges in PowerPoint

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to write some code to copy either a chart or a range from Excel
and paste it in PowerPoint , but I want to keep the file path for future
updates( after I insert a chart or a range then I can just select the shape
in PP and run the update code to fine the source file and update the chart or
range for me( if I know the path I can easily keep it in a tag attached to
the shape in PP) .
BTW I don't want to use links because they are slow and create a lot of
problem for very large files.
My question is what is the best way of doing this in Excel ? I mean should I
use Clipboard object ? if yes does clipboard keep the file path when we copy
a chart ?
Or should I use a browser and find the file and then list all the charts in
a given file and ...?

--
Best regards,
Edward