Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Converting MS query from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007

I have a master spreadsheet that I want to convert to xlsm format. However,
I have two other spreadsheets that utilize MS Query to pull data from my
master spreadsheet. How can I convert my master spreadsheet without losing
the MS queries I have built in the other two spreadsheets? Is there a simple
conversion process? I have tried to update the individual ms queries but I
keep on getting error messages when I point to my master spreadsheet with the
xlsm extension. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The "problem" with MS-Query and Excel 2007 is that instead of downloading the query to a data range, it downloads it to an Excel 2007 TABLE. You can convert the table to a data range if you want to remove the query.

I have the same issue. So I create / modify the query on a machine running Excel 2003 - this version works with both 2003 / 2007 and allows my 2003 legacy code to work. The legacy code fails if I try to run it against a query that was edited or created in 2007.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...-to-Excel-2007