Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Display Print Dialog with Selection: Excel 2003

I am using Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show
to display the print dialog.

How do I activate "Selection" under Print What?
--
Colleen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not sure I understand the question, but the Selection option would apply to
a range that was selected prior to displaying the dialog box. i.e. If you
had selected Range("A1:D10") prior to opening the Print dialog box, you
would simply select the "Selection" option and it would print that range.
You cannot make the selection after you have opened the dialog box.

"Colleen M" wrote in message
I am using Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show
to display the print dialog.

How do I activate "Selection" under Print What?
--
Colleen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, I should have given more detail.

I have 3 control buttons in a spreadsheet. Each one selects a specific range
in the sheet, then opens the Print dialog box. I would like to have the
"Selection" box automatically selected so the user simply has to select the
printer and number of copies (and not have to remember to choose to print the
selection).
--
Colleen

"Colleen M" wrote in message
I am using Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show
to display the print dialog.

How do I activate "Selection" under Print What?
--
Colleen

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show , , , , , , , , , , , 1
'--
Also, try it with 2, 3 and 4 and see what happens.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Colleen M" wrote in message
I am using Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show
to display the print dialog.

How do I activate "Selection" under Print What?
--
Colleen

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well, it shows the arguments for it, but somebody smarter than me will have
to show you how to use it. I have tried every conventional way to apply the
argument for Selection and it will not take. I will try the knowledge base
for more info, but for now it looks like the user will have to remember to
click it in the dialog box.