Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default locate add-in

Hi,

I've an add-in which I want to distribute to colleagues. There's also a
helpfile attached. I programmed the location of the helpfile in the add-in.
Currentley it refers to my D:\ but I want to let it refer to the D:\ of the
specific user

Application.Help "D:\Users\<username\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns

I think I can use the Application.Username to name the variable but how do I
incorporate the statement within the application.help?

Gr.

Bas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.UserLibraryPath

If you ensure the help file is in the same path as your addin,
ThisWorkbook.Path

Regards,
Peter T

"Basta1980" wrote in message

I've an add-in which I want to distribute to colleagues. There's also a
helpfile attached. I programmed the location of the helpfile in the
add-in.
Currentley it refers to my D:\ but I want to let it refer to the D:\ of
the
specific user

Application.Help "D:\Users\<username\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns

I think I can use the Application.Username to name the variable but how do
incorporate the statement within the application.help?

Gr.

Bas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try

Application.Help CreateObject("WScript.Shell").SpecialFolders("AppD ata") &
"\Microsoft\AddIns"

HTH

Bob