Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Remove duplicates from list using code

Is there a specific code that i can use to remove duplicates from a list. I
want to be able to do this using code rather than manually so that when I
copy in a large list of data I can make a copy of one of the columns and
remove the duplicates from this and paste it on another worksheet of the
workbook.

Thank you very much for your help,

Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Use an advanced filter but to copy to another sheet you must start from that
sheet or you will get an error.

So on the destination sheet

data|Filter - Advanced filter - select copy to another location
Click the box to the right of 'List Range' and navigate to your data and
select it all
Check unique records only
Click the box to the right of 'Copy To' and select a single cell to copy the
unique list to

OK
--
Mike

question.

"michelle439731" wrote:

Is there a specific code that i can use to remove duplicates from a list. I
want to be able to do this using code rather than manually so that when I
copy in a large list of data I can make a copy of one of the columns and
remove the duplicates from this and paste it on another worksheet of the
workbook.

Thank you very much for your help,

Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See my solution to a posting last week

http://tinyurl.com/yd2a25c

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

Microsoft Office Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, that is what I want to do. Look at column B, which contains duplicates,
copy all unique parameters to column C, such that column C contains no
duplicates.

How do I do that in code? What is the command?

Thank you very much for your help,

Michelle
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Try this macro. Alt+F11 to open VB editor. Right click 'ThisWorkbook' and
insert module and paste the code in and run it. Change the sheet name to the
correct one.

Sub Copy_B_To_C()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Set ws = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1")
With ws
.Columns("B:B").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _
CopyToRange:=.Range("C1"), Unique:=True
End With
Mike

question.

"michelle439731" wrote:

Yes, that is what I want to do. Look at column B, which contains duplicates,
copy all unique parameters to column C, such that column C contains no
duplicates.

How do I do that in code? What is the command?

Thank you very much for your help,

Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'll try it out.