Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default choosing cell to top left of visible window

Excel 2003 and 2007 Because displays vary, when I click a macro button to
go to a different part of the sheet, I want to choose a cell in column A so
that it appears at the upper left of the current window. I can't seem to get
it to work in
Excel 2003 - the selected cell appears some where in the middle.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

maybe this will work for you.

type this in the immediate window

?cells(Activewindow.Scrollrow,activewindow.ScrollC olumn).address

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"AZSteve" wrote in message
Excel 2003 and 2007 Because displays vary, when I click a macro button
go to a different part of the sheet, I want to choose a cell in column A
so
that it appears at the upper left of the current window. I can't seem to
get
it to work in
Excel 2003 - the selected cell appears some where in the middle.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try it this way...

Application.Goto Range("A100"), True

Just change the "A100" to the address of the cell you want to place in the
upper, left corner of the window.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"AZSteve" wrote in message
Excel 2003 and 2007 Because displays vary, when I click a macro button
go to a different part of the sheet, I want to choose a cell in column A
so
that it appears at the upper left of the current window. I can't seem to
get
it to work in
Excel 2003 - the selected cell appears some where in the middle.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i thought you wanted to identify the cell that is in the upper left corner
of the sheet.

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003