Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change location of XLSTART

Hi,

Sorry if this is a FAQ - I did Google before posting but couldn't find
the answer.

I have both Excel 2003 and Excel 2007 on my machine. I want different
macros available in each.

So, I created (Windows XP):

Excel 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\MyUserName\Application Data
\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\***Excel11***\MyMacros.xl s

Excel 2007: C:\Documents and Settings\MyUserName\Application Data
\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\***Excel12***\MyMacros.xl sb

(It appears the file doesn't have to be named personal.xls /
personal.xlsb, since all files in XLSTART are opened anyway).

In Excel 2003 I can change the location of the XLSTART folder: Tools
-- Options -- General -- At startup, open all files in ...

How do I make the same change in Excel 2007? I've even searched the
registry for a hack but couldn't find it.

Thanks,
Scott
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel button
Excel Options
General
At startup, open files in

Note as with 2003 this is in addition to the files in the XLstart folder
You might also want to make the alternate start folder a "trusted location",

Excel options
Trust Center
Trusted Locations

Regards,