Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default too many arguments error message in excel

I am trying to use a lookup formula in excel and it was working fine until I
entered FALSE on the end, at whcih p[oint it tells me I have too many
arguments.

This is the formula:

=LOOKUP(A4,'C:\Documents and Settings\temp\My Documents\[AE prices for
spares.xls]Sheet1'!$B:$B,'C:\Documents and Settings\temp\My Documents\[AE
prices for spares.xls]Sheet1'!$D:$D, FALSE)

Is there a way around this?

Any help would be appreciated guys.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why have you added FALSE on the end ?
What are you trying to achieve by it ?
The LOOKUP function does not take this extra parameter, hence the error.
VLOOKUP & HLOOKUP take a parameter of TRUE or FLASE at the end.