Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Colouring cell if it has a specific date

Hi,

I have a column for each month where the dates are entered on rows. Is
it possible I can color a cell if the date entered in a cell for that
month is 15 days past the end of the month. Like, if in a January
column I enter a date on one of the rows as Feb.20, then the cell
fills with red colour.

I tried doing it using conditional formatting, but don't know how to
say 15 days past end of the month?

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks very much!

Shivam
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi there

Assuming 2007

If column A is January. I don't know where you have your reference date
i.e. last day of month but how about using A1 in this scenario. Input Jan 31
2010 and then custom format it to mmm. This way it can be your point of
reference and also display the month.

C/F

In A2 - C/F - Manage rules - new rule - Use formula to determine . . - in
the rule description box input =A2A1+15
Format red - ok - ok - Apply - ok

Now use the format painter to the extent of you columns and rows.

Russell Dawson
Excel Student

"Shivam.Shah" wrote:

Hi,

I have a column for each month where the dates are entered on rows. Is
it possible I can color a cell if the date entered in a cell for that
month is 15 days past the end of the month. Like, if in a January
column I enter a date on one of the rows as Feb.20, then the cell
fills with red colour.

I tried doing it using conditional formatting, but don't know how to
say 15 days past end of the month?

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks very much!

Shivam
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Adjustment to my last post - rushed it before leaving for work!

=A2(A$1+15)

Should produce required result. It's been nagging me all morning. Try it
and see. Tether and end of are words that come to mind but will not give in!!

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

"Shivam.Shah" wrote:

Hi,

I have a column for each month where the dates are entered on rows. Is
it possible I can color a cell if the date entered in a cell for that
month is 15 days past the end of the month. Like, if in a January
column I enter a date on one of the rows as Feb.20, then the cell
fills with red colour.

I tried doing it using conditional formatting, but don't know how to
say 15 days past end of the month?

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks very much!

Shivam
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Russell,

I tried that (in 2003) and it works, but the thing is, the date in my
column is
entered automatically by a macro (upon entering data in the cell to
it's left)...so even though I put a conditional format on the cell,
after the date is entered by the macro, it didn't change colour.

So, is it possible to use a macro that can look in a column and then
colour a date if it is 15 days past the end of the current month?

Thanks for all your help!

Shivam
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Shivam

I don't know and wouldn't pretend to have a clue. Bowled me a googly in
cricketing parlance! (Nothing to do with search engines!)

I think you would be best posting your new question in general questions so
that it can be revisited. As you know the stumbling block here now is the
macro or how the data originates. I doubt whether this thread would be picked
up because it's a couple of days old.

If there is a way I'm sure one of the experts will be able to assist.

Regards

Russell

--
Russell Dawson