Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I have nearly run out of Shortcut Keys

Greetings! In Excel VBA help it says: "To assign a CTRL combination shortcut
key to run the macro, in the Shortcut key box, type any lowercase letter or
uppercase letter that you want to use.
Note The shortcut key will override any equivalent default Excel shortcut
key while the workbook that contains the macro is open. For a list of CTRL
combination shortcut keys that are already assigned in Excel, see Excel
shortcut and function keys."

Greetings! I have nearly run out of possible Shortcut keys. The only unused
one is CTRL+SHIFT+J. It is hard to believe that due to our English alphabet
only having 26 letters, we are limited to 52 shortcut keys, ten of the lower
case ones already assigned by Excel or Windows. Now that I have an important
use for CTRL+SHIFT+J, how am I to proceed when eventually I need another
Shortcut key. Thanks in advance for your help, suggestions, comments, etc.

May you have a most blessed day!

Sincerely,

Michael Fitzpatrick
--
May you have a most blessed day!

Sincerely,

Michael Fitzpatrick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Take a look at the OnKey statement. This allows you to assign a
procedure to any key with any combinations of CTRL, SHIFT, and ALT.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
[email on web site]

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 11:52:01 -0800, MichaelDavid
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does using OnKey slow down processing? Thanks!

Not in any meaningful way.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010