Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I make excel say a phrase when hitting a certain goal in a

I'm making a numbers reporting sheet for my retail store, and would like the
sheet to automatically say "Great Job Hitting AROD Goal!!!" when another cell
hits above $30.... Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Right click your sheet tab and view code and paste the code below in. Change
the cell to what you want

If Range("A1").Value 30 Then
Application.Speech.Speak "Great Job Hitting AROD Goal"

Mike
--
Mike

question.

"it''''''''sh hardy" wrote:

I'm making a numbers reporting sheet for my retail store, and would like the
sheet to automatically say "Great Job Hitting AROD Goal!!!" when another cell
hits above $30.... Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I forgot to mention that speech must be enabled in the windows control panel
--
Mike

question.

"it''''''''sh hardy" wrote:

I'm making a numbers reporting sheet for my retail store, and would like the
sheet to automatically say "Great Job Hitting AROD Goal!!!" when another cell
hits above $30.... Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I make excel say a phrase when hitting a certain goal i

Ok thanks!!! But maybe I should have clarified - I dont want it to literally
say that, I want it to appear in another cell in Red...

"it''''''''sh hardy" wrote:

I'm making a numbers reporting sheet for my retail store, and would like the
sheet to automatically say "Great Job Hitting AROD Goal!!!" when another cell
hits above $30.... Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hmmmm,

Yes you could have made that clearer!!

=IF(A130,"Great Job Hitting AROD!!!","")
--
Mike

question.