Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Max Max is offline

Default Delete a code

Hello
How can I delete a code (same code to all sheets) which is inserted in 50
sheets in an excel file? Delete the code sheet by sheet or there is an
alternative way more simple?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I assume you mean VBA code. The more eligant way is not to have added
it in the first place. I think you must of had some VBA in a sheet and
copied it 50 times and now you don't want to distribute the code with
you workbook. Next time only copy the sheet once. Delete the code,
then copy it 50 times.

------------------------------- POSTED BEFORE RECEIVING A REPLY AFTER 6
MINUTES OF ORIGINAL POST -------------------------------
I assume you mean VBA code. The more eligant way is not to have added
it in the first place. I think you must of had some VBA in a sheet and
copied it 50 times and now you don't want to distribute the code with
you workbook. Next time only copy the sheet once. Delete the code,
then copy it 50 times.

You can with a macro add and delete VBA code. See Chip Pearson's
website

'Programming In The VBA Editor'
(http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/vbe.aspx)

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

Microsoft Office Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Max Max is offline

All I did is that I copied the code sheet by sheet and now I want to delete
that code from all the sheets.

"joel" wrote:

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

th seasies wasy is to manual go to each sheet selecting the sheet in the
vba project window and then tyhpe Cntl-A (select all) and press delete.
It only should take 2 minutes.

You can easily delete all the sheet by selecting all at once and
starting from scratch. remove the vba code. Then write a very simple
macro to create the sheets

for I = 1 to 50
sheets("sheet1").copy after:=sheets(sheets.count)

next i

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=176984

Microsoft Office Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Feb 6, 10:04*pm, joel wrote:
th seasies wasy is to manual go to each sheet selecting the sheet in the
vba project window and then tyhpe Cntl-A (select all) and press delete.
It only should take 2 minutes.

You can easily delete all the sheet by selecting all at once and
starting from scratch. remove the vba code. *Then write a very simple
macro to create the sheets

for I = 1 to 50
sheets("sheet1").copy after:=sheets(sheets.count)

next i

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229
View this thread:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=176984

Microsoft Office Help

You have to use VBIDE class.

To get that you will have to add "Microsoft Visual Basic for
Applications Extensibility x,xx" . Then you can write a macro to
delete the entire code in 2 sec.

Delete code LiAD Excel Programming 6 December 16th 09 07:36 PM
Delete Code Libby Excel Programming 1 February 8th 06 07:22 PM
Code to delete a Line in a another code helmekki[_88_] Excel Programming 1 August 8th 05 01:14 AM
VBA code delete code but ask for password and unlock VBA protection WashoeJeff Excel Programming 0 January 27th 04 07:07 AM
VBA code to delete VBA code in another Workbook Chip Pearson Excel Programming 0 September 15th 03 03:54 PM