Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default References - Definition and Use

From time to time, I've used code from this helpful user discussion group
that requires the selection of a Reference. There appears to be well over
500 available references and I'm wondering if there is a resource I could use
to know (a) when I need to use one and (b) which one will work for me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There could be a document somewhere that tells when you need which
references, but I do not know where it is. Generally speaking, the version
being run will map to all the references it needs. It is when you attempt
to run code from an earlier or later version that you get the message of
missing references. I suppose that as long as Microsoft continues to evolve
their versions of software, the problem will continue to exist.

From time to time, I've used code from this helpful user discussion group