Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hide defined names?

Hello,

can defined names be hidden so as to prevent accidental deletion ?

Regards,

hgl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Refer the below site for a custom Name Manager that gives you better control
over names and can hide them from displaying.

http://jkp-ads.com

--
Jacob

"H.G. Lamy" wrote:

Hello,

can defined names be hidden so as to prevent accidental deletion ?

Regards,

hgl

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes they can. In VBA use

Activeworkbook.Names("myName").Hidden = True

But I agree with Jacob, get NameManager, it is the best addin available to
Excel, and it is free!

HTH

Bob

"H.G. Lamy" wrote in message
Hello,

can defined names be hidden so as to prevent accidental deletion ?

Regards,

hgl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you.

I've heard about J's Name Manager, but was concerned about too much
'overhead' in memory.

"Hidden" as suggested I've tried, but doesn't seem to exist (in my XL 2003
version), but apparently "visible" does the trick.

Regards,

hgl

"H.G. Lamy" wrote in message
Hello,

can defined names be hidden so as to prevent accidental deletion ?

Regards,

hgl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, wrong property name. I have never understood why MS use Hidden in
some context, visible in others. Consistent it ain't!

As to NameManager, it has a small enough footprint. It is the one addin I
would not be without, I would even pay for it if I had to.

Bob