Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
H.G. Lamy H.G. Lamy is offline

Default Hide defined names?

Recommendation appreciated,

hgl

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
You don't have to load the name manager each time you use excel.

I keep a copy in my utilities folder and only open it when I need it.

"H.G. Lamy" wrote:

Thank you.

I've heard about J's Name Manager, but was concerned about too much
'overhead' in memory.

"Hidden" as suggested I've tried, but doesn't seem to exist (in my XL
2003
version), but apparently "visible" does the trick.

Regards,

hgl

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Yes they can. In VBA use

Activeworkbook.Names("myName").Hidden = True

But I agree with Jacob, get NameManager, it is the best addin available
Excel, and it is free!

HTH

Bob

"H.G. Lamy" wrote in message
Hello,

can defined names be hidden so as to prevent accidental deletion ?

Regards,

hgl

--

Dave Peterson