Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can Sharing Workbook Corrupt Sheet Password?

Anyone had experience with this? (Excel 2003, XP SP3)
At work, I protected cells, protected each sheet with a confirmed
password, saved the file then turned on workbook sharing and set the
options. When I wanted to make changes at a later date, I re-opened,
checked that there were no other users, closed the file then moved it
from the folder to work on it. I could not then unprotect the sheets
(got the dialog saying the supplied password was incorrect) and had to
use a password recovery tool to eliminate the password. I sent the
file home where there is no network so there could be no sharing
conflicts, reset the password on each worksheet, saved, shared (which
automatically saves) and again I could not unprotect the sheets. I
intended to document this step by step and post the issue here, and
wouldn't you know it, I cannot get it to fail now. Can sharing the
workbook corrupt the password I use on the worksheets?