Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to turn report data into a list

I regularly get sent a report that needs modifying to make it into a list so
that it can be analysed. I have found and used or recorded macros to get rid
of some of the problems but the final formatting is beyond me because I'm
more of an interested amateur than a pro.

The problem is that each record is on multiple rows and I need to get them
all onto single rows.

The format for each record is:
Header1, Header1, Header1
DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA
DetailsB, DetailsB, DetailsB, DetailsB, DetailsB
Header2, Header2, Header2
DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA
DetailsB, DetailsB, DetailsB, DetailsB, DetailsB
DetailsC, DetailsC, DetailsC, DetailsC, DetailsC

The is only ever one header row but there are any number of details rows.

I would like to get to:

Header1, Header1, Header1, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA
Header1, Header1, Header1, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA
Header2, Header2, Header2, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA
Header2, Header2, Header2, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA
Header2, Header2, Header2, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA, DetailsA

I hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers,
Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
First problem is to identify which rows are header rows. Is there
anything in every header row that is not in any detail row? Maybe
there is blank space between each record??
regards
Paul

On Feb 1, 5:49*am, MarkN wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Paul,

There are no blank rows at all in the entire block of data.
The header rows are always bold. The details rows always begin with
d/mm/yyyy in column A.
Will that help?

Thanks again,
Mark