Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Automate Excel report to place certain data into existing report?

I get an Excel spreadsheet report that I need to bring over the store number
to and existing report. The common field for both is the client number. I get
this report every week and would like to automate the process. Right now I
have to go line by line through hundreds of stores. Is there a way I can set
this to automatically do what I am asking? Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

yes, it's possible to automate such report management in excel. best way is
to use macros or, even better, VBA. But, for start, vlookup will make
finding information easier...
"Craig Harrison" <Craig wrote in message
I get an Excel spreadsheet report that I need to bring over the store
number
to and existing report. The common field for both is the client number. I
get
this report every week and would like to automate the process. Right now I
have to go line by line through hundreds of stores. Is there a way I can
set
this to automatically do what I am asking? Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Automate Excel report to place certain data into existing repo

Please correct me if I am wrong but VLookup is not exactly an automated way
to take my report I need to write and extract data from a store report. Each
of these reports are updated daily. I would like to have some method that
would automatically synch my report and extract data from the store report.
Is this possible?

Thanks again,
Craig