Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CH CH is offline

Default problems when removing validation

Hello - I have a spreadsheet with multiple drop down selection boxes all set
up using Data Validation, and all referenceing separate lists.

One of them is causeing me problems because the drop down arrow remains
visible even when that cell is not selected. If someone tries to use the
drop down when the cell is not selected (if they click on the down arrow when
the cell is not selected), no list appears as needed.

I tried to clear, and reset the data validation for this cell to correct the
problem...but the problematic drop down arrow is always visable...even when
the data validation is completed cleared.

Any ideas on what might be causing this, or how to fix the problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've not seen that problem before myself, so I'm only guessing at a solution
here. What happens if you assign a new (non-drop down) Validation to that
cell... does the drop down arrow go away? If so, then try clearing the
Validation from that cell... is the arrow still gone?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)