Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Close various modules/codes windows

Whenever, I open the VBE (Alt+F11) I find most of the code windows already
opened and have to close each and everyone by entering Ctrl+F4 and finally
opening a single module on which I seek to work upon.

Any guidance, help and relevant idea by u experts in this regard shall
highly be obliged.
--
Thanx in advance,
Best Regards,

Faraz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

--How many open VBA projects do you see in Project Explorer?

--Check out whether you have any projects getting opened during startup. If
so remove them from your Book.xlt in XLSTART

XLSTART folder usually located at
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

--Also check out ToolsAddIns to see whether you have checked some working
files.

--
Jacob

"Faraz A. Qureshi" wrote:

Whenever, I open the VBE (Alt+F11) I find most of the code windows already
opened and have to close each and everyone by entering Ctrl+F4 and finally
opening a single module on which I seek to work upon.

Any guidance, help and relevant idea by u experts in this regard shall
highly be obliged.
--
Thanx in advance,
Best Regards,

Faraz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jacob!

Nice to hear from u! Sure did miss u for couple of days!

No Doubt I have several add-ins I need, some examples a
PatternFills.xlam
PersonalTests.xlam

I want them to remain opened+used but it is only the several CODE windows of
each and every module of the same that I want to remain closed, when I start
VBE however, the projects remaining to be active.

Furthermore, no one has helped me out in my previous posts! Please let me
know that if I need to distribute an addin I can't find the "Package &
Deployment Wizard" under the add-ins manager in the VBE.

Any idea where to locate the same on net and downloaded?

Thanx again brother!
--
Thanx in advance,
Best Regards,

Faraz

"Faraz A. Qureshi" wrote:

Whenever, I open the VBE (Alt+F11) I find most of the code windows already
opened and have to close each and everyone by entering Ctrl+F4 and finally
opening a single module on which I seek to work upon.

Any guidance, help and relevant idea by u experts in this regard shall
highly be obliged.
--
Thanx in advance,
Best Regards,

Faraz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way is to lock your project from being viewed and if needed password
protect (VBEToolsproject properties)

Busy these days...will go through your other posts if time permits...

--
Jacob

"Faraz A. Qureshi" wrote:

Whenever, I open the VBE (Alt+F11) I find most of the code windows already
opened and have to close each and everyone by entering Ctrl+F4 and finally
opening a single module on which I seek to work upon.

Any guidance, help and relevant idea by u experts in this regard shall
highly be obliged.
--
Thanx in advance,
Best Regards,

Faraz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could try something like this, perhaps in your personal linked to a
button on the VBE menu (eg CloseAll in the Windows dropdown)

Sub CloseCodeWindows()
'' with ref to Extensibility
'Dim objVBE As VBIDE.VBE
'Dim objWin As VBIDE.Window

'' without the ref
Dim objVBE As Object
Dim objWin As Object
Const vbext_wt_CodeWindow As Long = 0&

Set objVBE = Application.vbe
For Each objWin In objVBE.Windows
If objWin.Type = vbext_wt_CodeWindow Then
objWin.Visible = False
End If
Next
End Sub

You might search out MZ-Tools which includes this and much more.

AFAIK the "Package & Deployment Wizard" was only supplied with VB6 and
earlier, nothing equivalent with Office/VBA.

Regards,
Peter T

"Faraz A. Qureshi" wrote in
message ...

"Faraz A. Qureshi" wrote:

Whenever, I open the VBE (Alt+F11) I find most of the code windows
already
opened and have to close each and everyone by entering Ctrl+F4 and
finally
opening a single module on which I seek to work upon.

Any guidance, help and relevant idea by u experts in this regard shall
highly be obliged.
--
Thanx in advance,
Best Regards,

Faraz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Had another look, better to change one line-

change
objWin.Visible = False

objWin.Close

Peter T