Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multipage control help

I am using a "Multipage" control on top of my Userform and
I need help understanding the difference between the following
associated events: "Change()" vs "Layout"

Each time someone presses one of the tabs of the "Multipage"
control, it appears that both "Multipage1_Change()" and
"Multipage1_Layout()" events get called. I just need help
understanding each event.

thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Highlight just the word Layout in the procedure statement. Click F1. Choose
the MSForms option.

And do the same with the word Change in the other procedure statement.

You'll soon see the difference.

But I don't get the same behavior when I change pages (xl2003). I only see the
_Change event fire.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok.... the Change() event for a Multipage control makes sense to
me. The Layout() event is said to occur when the layout of
the Multipage control "changes sizes". As far as I know, I
didn't change the size of anything, I merely just clicked on a new
page. Each multi-page is also blank (ie, nothing on top), so
what is changing sizes?

Thank u Dave!

Robert Crandal wrote:

I am using a "Multipage" control on top of my Userform and
I need help understanding the difference between the following
associated events: "Change()" vs "Layout"

Each time someone presses one of the tabs of the "Multipage"
control, it appears that both "Multipage1_Change()" and
"Multipage1_Layout()" events get called. I just need help
understanding each event.

thank you!

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know.

In my limited testing, that event only fired when I loaded the userform. It
didn't fire when I changed multipages.