Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Comparing a date to todays date

I would like to cascade down an active workbook from the top row to the end.
It could contain 10 rows or 50 rows. I want to look at the date in col C and
make it RED if it's past 90 days from current date.

Any idea's?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rather than programming (which refers to using visual basic to manipulate the
sheet) your request can be handled by using conditional formatting. You
didn't mention whether you are using 2007 or 2003; I'll provide 2003
instructions here and you can adapt them to 2007 if needed.

Select the first cell (C1 or C2, depending on whether you have a header row)
and apply conditional formatting (I'll use C2 as my sample):
more than 90 days in the futu
(cell value)(is greater than) =now()+90
or if you want more than 90 days in the past,
(cell value)(is less than) =now()-90

then select the appropriate formatting (for example, format/pattern/red to
make those cells red)

use the paintbrush tool to paste that formatting across your whole range. If
you want to avoid making blank cells (at the bottom of your range) appear
highlighted, then use conditional formatting a slightly different way;

(formula is) =AND(C2<"", C2 <(now()-90))

HTH,
Keith

"Rookie_User" wrote:

I would like to cascade down an active workbook from the top row to the end.
It could contain 10 rows or 50 rows. I want to look at the date in col C and
make it RED if it's past 90 days from current date.

Any idea's?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Originally I was going to go that route but the problem is that this Excel
file is actually populated by a CSV file. We run a serious a macro's to
format and change, etc... -- So I am unsure how to provide conditional
formatting when it will be a new workbook each time and the endusers are our
veteran salesforce that dislikes using Excel - so the more easily we make it
the better - smile. THank you for your time and input. So I still have to
program it - it's simple but for some reason I am having a hard time starting
off.