Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Select an embedded Chart within a Protected Sheet

Hola,
I have an embedded chart within a protected worksheet. I want the user to be
able to point and select a specific value within the chart but need to
prevent her to "accidentaly" delete the entire chart.
If I protect the chart, then it becomes read-only and the user cannot "see"
the values on the chart. If I unprotect the chart, then the user can "see"
the values but then she can accidentaly delete the chart.
Any ideas to accomplish these?
Regards,
OMER
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unfortunately in Excel 2007, which I assume you are talking about, chart
tooltips are not displayed if the chart is protected (ie objects or
chart-sheet) as they were in earlier versions. They have been restored in
Excel 2010,

Regards,
Peter T

"OMER" wrote in message
Hola,
I have an embedded chart within a protected worksheet. I want the user to
be
able to point and select a specific value within the chart but need to
prevent her to "accidentaly" delete the entire chart.
If I protect the chart, then it becomes read-only and the user cannot
"see"
the values on the chart. If I unprotect the chart, then the user can "see"
the values but then she can accidentaly delete the chart.
Any ideas to accomplish these?
Regards,
OMER

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you Peter T. for your prompt response.
I'm not happy with this Excel 2007 limitation. I'll have to find another
approach to solve this problem.
Thanks again.
OMER

.