Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default re named worksheets which were linked to other sheets

Hi

how can I re-name a workbook/sheet that has already been named and
linked to another workbook, what happens now is that the main data
workbook cant find the link (coz I re-named it)

Can the re-naming be updated automatically in the main data sheet
after the sourse workbook/sheet has been renamed ?

thanks

Johnnyboy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If sheets within a single workbook are linked and renamed, the linking
formulas update to the new sheet name automatically.

If you have links between two workbooks, re-naming the source workbook will
cause loss of reference to that workbook.

In that case open the destination workbook and EditLinks and change source
to re-named source workbook.

If only a sheet name has been changed in source workbook the sheet name will
be referenced properly in destination workbook so no need to edit links.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:39:28 -0800 (PST), Johnnyboy5
wrote:

Hi

how can I re-name a workbook/sheet that has already been named and
linked to another workbook, what happens now is that the main data
workbook cant find the link (coz I re-named it)

Can the re-naming be updated automatically in the main data sheet
after the sourse workbook/sheet has been renamed ?

thanks

Johnnyboy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote:
Hi

how can I re-name a workbook/sheet that has already been named and
linked to another workbook, what happens now is that the main data
workbook cant find the link (coz I re-named it)

Can the re-naming be updated automatically in the main data sheet
after the sourse workbook/sheet has been renamed ?

thanks

Johnnyboy

thanks will check it out.