Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I create a list of sequential times?

I need to create a list of start times for groups in a competition. The first
group goes on at 3:00pm. The next group goes on 8 minutes later, the next 8
minutes after that, and so on. It seems this should be a simple formula but
I can't figure it out! Thanks for any help!

Susan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In cell A2 place 3:00:00 PM
In cell A3 place 3:08:00 PM

Highlight A2:A3, autofill down the sheet for about 25-30 rows (with A2:A3
hightlighted autofill by placing the mouse in the lower right corner &
dragging down).

HTH,
--
Data Hog

"Scarlin3" wrote:

I need to create a list of start times for groups in a competition. The first
group goes on at 3:00pm. The next group goes on 8 minutes later, the next 8
minutes after that, and so on. It seems this should be a simple formula but
I can't figure it out! Thanks for any help!

Susan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Excel stores time as fractions of a day.
Minutes in a day = 24*60 = 1440 so 8 minutes would be 8/144
In cell A1 enter 3:00
in B1=A1+8/1440 and copy down as required
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Scarlin3" wrote in message
I need to create a list of start times for groups in a competition. The
first
group goes on at 3:00pm. The next group goes on 8 minutes later, the next
8
minutes after that, and so on. It seems this should be a simple formula
but
I can't figure it out! Thanks for any help!

Susan

signature database 4755 (20100108) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4755 (20100108) __________