Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Array activation question

Morning all.
I'm making a user form to simplify the input of data for a complicated
worksheet function.
One of the things I was told about this function is that it requires a
specific key combination--
ctrl+shift+enter, with the cell being active (the cursor needs to be active
within the cell field, or the formula bar).
Apparently this places two {} on the outsides of the equation, to do
something to it that makes it work.
And it's not enough to just place the {} on the equation manually. It
specifically requires the keystroke combination mentioned above.

My question---
Within the workings of the wizard/userform that I'm making, can I do
something to activate this set up so that once the wizard/form is finished,
the formulas are actively working?

I hope this is clear-- if not, please let me know.
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 09:18:01 -0800, Steve
wrote:

[...]

Try this statement in your code::

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").FormulaArray ="=your formula here"

Change the sheet name and range to suit your needs.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assign the final formula string with FormulaArray rather than Formula:

Range("A1").FormulaArray = "your formula"

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
[email on web site]

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok, since you both replied with the same thing, I'll need to read more on
this topic.
So, .formulaArray does what I want......
Thank you.
Will let you know if I have any further questions on it.
Thanks-- both of you.

.