Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ROUNDING

I have 3 number columns, viz A, B, AND C . I formatted the A and B and D
columns using the Round function of excel directly. USING MACRO In the
fourth column,D - I added the values of A,B and C. But instead of adding the
rounded values of columns A and B , it is adding the actual values though
displays rounded values. So not getting the expected result. for example A=5.
4, B=6.4 , c=0. now display is A=5 and B= 6, but in D it is 12,
actually A must be 5, B=6 and so D= 11

so how to get the rounded values in calculation.

THANKS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

create the rounded values in column d

=SUM(ROUND(A1,0),ROUND(B1,0),ROUND(C1,0))

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"evelin via OfficeKB.com" <u54234@uwe wrote in message
I have 3 number columns, viz A, B, AND C . I formatted the A and B and D
columns using the Round function of excel directly. USING MACRO In the
fourth column,D - I added the values of A,B and C. But instead of adding the
rounded values of columns A and B , it is adding the actual values though
displays rounded values. So not getting the expected result. for example A=5.
4, B=6.4 , c=0. now display is A=5 and B= 6, but in D it is 12,
actually A must be 5, B=6 and so D= 11

so how to get the rounded values in calculation.

THANKS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"evelin via OfficeKB.com" <u54234@uwe wrote:
I have 3 number columns, viz A, B, AND C . I formatted the A and B and D

Do you mean A, B and __C__?

using the Round function of excel directly.

[....]
But instead of adding the rounded values of columns A and B ,
it is adding the actual values

Which proves that you did not use "the Round function of Excel directly", or
you did not use it correctly. The formulas in columns A, B and C should be
of the form

=ROUND(expression,0)

if that is your intent. If you mean something else, please show us the
formulas in a row of cells in columns A, B, C and D.

USING MACRO In the fourth column,D - I added the values of A,B and C.

What "macro"? Do you mean a VBA function (which is a UDF, not a macro)? If
so, what exactly does the UDF do?