Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change operater in Excel formula

Hello,

depending on a certain circumstances, a formula must change from "X = Y" to
"X < Y".
Can this be done (e.g. using "if", or otherwise) ?
Thank you in advance.
Merry Christmas,

H.G. Lamy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You didn't give us a lot to work with, but I think you are looking for
something like this...

=IF(<<your condition,<<formula with x=y,<<formula with x<y)

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"H.G. Lamy" wrote in message
Hello,

depending on a certain circumstances, a formula must change from "X = Y"
to "X < Y".
Can this be done (e.g. using "if", or otherwise) ?
Thank you in advance.
Merry Christmas,

H.G. Lamy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As an alternative, if "the formula" is very long, you may try this:

<< your formula with X=Y replaced with (((X<Y)+your condition)=1)

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 14:17:51 -0500, "Rick Rothstein"
wrote:

You didn't give us a lot to work with, but I think you are looking for
something like this...

=IF(<<your condition,<<formula with x=y,<<formula with x<y)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change operator in Excel formula

Since my formula is already quite long and complicated, I'd like to avoid
repeating most of it (once for the "if"-part, and again for the
"then"-part).

Instead, I was trying to REPLACE ONLY THE OPERATOR INSIDE THE FORMULA ("=",
or "<", respectively), depending on the condition met.

However, I did not find a workable solution for that.

Can anybody assist ?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

H.G. Lamy