Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calender in E2007

Hi,
I'm on my way to create a Calender in Excel and
there is something that bothers me.
For some reasons I have to set up the Data entered in
one Column in a special way, that means I have to enter
my Data in the following scheme:

Repeat infinity {
Repeat 3 {
Night [5 Days]
Weekend
}
Reapeat 3 {
Late [5 Days]
Weekend
Early [5 Days]
Weekend
}

}

So I have to determine the first day(night) of a night-block
and have to care about the jump to the next month.
How can I achieve the first thing?
The Second is the problem to jump from one Column to another.
The highlighting of a certain time is of no problem, as I've
done this already.

e. g.:

a1: Date ;B1: [N/L/E]; C1: Special; d1: Date[next Month]; e1: [N/L/E] ..

Please help me, somebody
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't really understand what you're trying to achieve here.

if you have all the dates down in column A fro Jan1 thro Dec31, then you can
easily in B determine the day of week.
you should also be able to figure out the series of lates and early's

are you having three weeks of nights then a set of late week early week?

ie one series looks like this:

NwNwNwLwEwLwEwLwEwLw

you can use a formula to count the N's, L's or E's so that if N or E sum to
3, the next letter gets chosen. This can all be done with formula, though
coding would be trivial IF we get a clear idea of what you expect as a
result

"Michael Rühling" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
I am not trying to determine the day of the week (already done this!),
and I hav not all the dates in Column A, but the dates from january. The
Dates from February are in Column D, the dates from March in Col G and
so on. What I am trying to achieve is the following:

First Step: choose the right day to start at Night (manually).
Second Step: mark the followin days and weeks as N/L/E by Program!
consider different months (and their Col positions)

detailed example:

ColA: january; ColB: Time of Work (N/L/E); ColC: Special;
ColD: february; ColE: Time of Work (N/L/E); ColF: Special;
ColG: march; ColH: Time of Work (N/L/E); ColI: Special;
..
..
..
This is done for six Months. The next six months is chosen by changing
the start-date from 01.01.2010 to 01.07.2010 (for example). The Calender
is true for the next few years, even with that *?!%$$§ 29th of Feb.

I hope this helps understanding my prob.
M.
(Merry Xmas and a happy new year)