Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Default Return missing features

First a month or so ago the "Notify me of replies" feature quit working, and
now I do not get any selected messages displayed in the Message Preview
window, and the Message List window on the left is so narrow I cant see the
Post Titles.....and when I try to make it wider, it automatically reverts to
the smaller size. The system is right on the verge of being useless now.

Please fix these things, and return to normal.

Tks,
Vaya con DIos,
Chuck, CABGx3

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...el.programming

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's just as poor, with non-functioning features such as notification of
replies, using the http Microsoft groups. It's difficult to help with new
problems when you have to spend large amount of time making sure those you've
already tried to help actually got the help they asked for.

"CLR" wrote:

First a month or so ago the "Notify me of replies" feature quit working, and
now I do not get any selected messages displayed in the Message Preview
window, and the Message List window on the left is so narrow I cant see the
Post Titles.....and when I try to make it wider, it automatically reverts to
the smaller size. The system is right on the verge of being useless now.

Please fix these things, and return to normal.

Tks,
Vaya con DIos,
Chuck, CABGx3

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...el.programming

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Same thing happened to me. Sounds like it's a global issue. I guess we
aren't supposed to make sure that we've actually answered the question. < /
sarcasm
Barb Reinhardt

"CLR" wrote:

First a month or so ago the "Notify me of replies" feature quit working, and
now I do not get any selected messages displayed in the Message Preview
window, and the Message List window on the left is so narrow I cant see the
Post Titles.....and when I try to make it wider, it automatically reverts to
the smaller size. The system is right on the verge of being useless now.

Please fix these things, and return to normal.

Tks,
Vaya con DIos,
Chuck, CABGx3

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...el.programming

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Yes, JL.......it's actually the Microsoft Groups that I use and the ones I'm
complaining about here. I use the Microsoft Groups both for helping others
and for receiving help when I need it, and both are harder to accomplish
with so much of the system down.

I use OE at home but it falls far short for doing searches for information
when I need help.

Hope they get it fixed soon, but havent heard any word on the "Replies"
thing for a month or so.....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote:

First a month or so ago the "Notify me of replies" feature quit working,
and
now I do not get any selected messages displayed in the Message Preview
window, and the Message List window on the left is so narrow I cant see
the
Post Titles.....and when I try to make it wider, it automatically reverts
the smaller size. The system is right on the verge of being useless now.

Please fix these things, and return to normal.

Tks,
Vaya con DIos,
Chuck, CABGx3

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...el.programming

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How about inundating Microsoft with complaints at the following URL. I have
had an active complaint going since Oct 28. I follow it up most weeks but
their standard reply is that they are working on it and never an estimate of
when it will be resolved.

https://support.microsoft.com/contac...b1208&ws=mscom

OssieMac

"CLR" wrote:

First a month or so ago the "Notify me of replies" feature quit working, and
now I do not get any selected messages displayed in the Message Preview
window, and the Message List window on the left is so narrow I cant see the
Post Titles.....and when I try to make it wider, it automatically reverts to
the smaller size. The system is right on the verge of being useless now.

Please fix these things, and return to normal.

Tks,
Vaya con DIos,
Chuck, CABGx3

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...el.programming

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am having issues with the "Notify Me Of Replies" feature as well. I have
changed my e-mail and verified it with the verification e-mail Microsoft
sends and I never get replies back. It's fustrating, because I like to post
questions and answers and I never can tell if a fellow "Exceler" got the help
they needed. Or if I see a post that I'm interested in the answer I never
get replies on that as well. I have to go back and search manually using my
profile and it sucks.

C'mon Microsoft. It can't be that hard!
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"CLR" wrote:

First a month or so ago the "Notify me of replies" feature quit working, and
now I do not get any selected messages displayed in the Message Preview
window, and the Message List window on the left is so narrow I cant see the
Post Titles.....and when I try to make it wider, it automatically reverts to
the smaller size. The system is right on the verge of being useless now.

Please fix these things, and return to normal.

Tks,
Vaya con DIos,
Chuck, CABGx3

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...el.programming

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Again, use the suggestion offered for a newsreader. Then, it's easy to
follow your own threads.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"CLR" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Thanks Don, but in an environment where the IS Dept controls all the
aspects, we have no other choice but to use the Web based access.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

I wrote Microsoft yesterday per OssieMac's recommendation and got an
immediate reply saying "We were able to access the site ok". I wrote back
and clarified that I was complaining about the "Notify me" and "Message
window" features not working. They came back saying the issue was escalated
and should be operational within 24-48 hours.

When I got on this morning, the Message window feature seems to be working
ok.....have not yet had an opportunity to check out the Notify Me feature
yet. If anyone else has it working, please let us know.

Thanks Microsoft!

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote:

First a month or so ago the "Notify me of replies" feature quit working, and
now I do not get any selected messages displayed in the Message Preview
window, and the Message List window on the left is so narrow I cant see the
Post Titles.....and when I try to make it wider, it automatically reverts to
the smaller size. The system is right on the verge of being useless now.

Please fix these things, and return to normal.

Tks,
Vaya con DIos,
Chuck, CABGx3

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...el.programming

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

Well, apparently the "Notify me of replies" feature is still broken. I have
not received any notifications myself, and no one else has posted here that
they have either........how about it Microsoft?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3