Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default break at space

Hello, I have thousands of nouns separated by a space (abandonments
abbreviating abbreviation abbreviators ...) and I would like to put a
formula so that at each space the remaining is copied to the next cell
(killing the needless space).

Can it be done, can you hint me to how to do this?

thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hmmmm,

Perhaps under Data Text to Columns Delimiter Space OK Finish.

Try it on a test set of data first!!!

HTH
Regrds,
Howard

"Learner" wrote in message
Hello, I have thousands of nouns separated by a space (abandonments
abbreviating abbreviation abbreviators ...) and I would like to put a
formula so that at each space the remaining is copied to the next cell
(killing the needless space).

Can it be done, can you hint me to how to do this?

thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think this macro does what I think you are saying you want to do (just
change the Worksheet name and Range reference for the cell containing the
words in the With statement to match your actual set up)...

Sub SplitDownAtSpace()
Dim Words() As String
With Worksheets("Sheet4").Range("A1")
Words = Split(.Value)
.Resize(UBound(Words) + 1).Value = WorksheetFunction.Transpose(Words)
End With

Rick (MVP - Excel)